Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Bad Start to Anyone’s Week

I have been a little lax in my updates lately.  I will try to get out at least a few posts per week.  Here is why I have been not posting. 

Last Saturday started as most, woke up, showered, helped get the kids (the boys, not the little girl, I don’t know Jack about dressing little girls), started the grocery list and then things went downhill quick.  My throat started to hurt, my head started to hurt, and I could feel my temperature rising.  It happens every year, unfortunately right around St. Valentine’s Day, I get sick, so sick that I am bed ridden for a few days.  I hate it.  My wife hates it.  I blame it on work this time.  I worked many, many hours the previous week and put my body in the type of condition ready for this.  But being sick in not what I want to talk about.

I want to talk about Netflix and what a wonderful service they provide.  Nothing beats having Netflix and being sick.  In various states of consciousness and delirium, I got to see several movies without ever having to leave the comfort of my sofa.

  • The Royal Tenebaums
  • Following
  • Adventureland
  • Year One
  • The Taking of Pelham 123
  • Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist
  • Chocolate
  • Law Abiding Citizen

If you like to watch movies and television, and don’t have Netflix, you need to get it.  If you have Netflix and don’t have a Netflix enabled device attached to your TV, you are missing out.  Netflix  has made a commitment to put more and more big titles available for instant viewing.  A recent deal with Warner Bros. will delay new releases of Warner Bros. titles, but make more of those titles available for streaming.

I have my Xbox 360 connected to my television in the basement and through it, I can stream Netflix.  But Xbox is not the only device that allows you to do this.  PS3, DVRs, BluRay players, and soon the Wii allow you to stream content directly to your television.

No comments:

Post a Comment