Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Power of the Written Word

Yesterday I opened my big mouth and wrote an impassioned plea to Turkey Hill to bring back a certain flavor of ice cream.  I would like to report today that the execs over at Turkey Hill read my post, wept with compassion and immediately called their dairy managers to switch all production over to making Double Dunker.  Unfortunately, I cannot report that.  What I can say is that I need to do a little research before I open my yap. 

Whoever runs the @TurkeyHillDairy Twitter account replied to me and told me to look out for Double Dunker coming out this month and sent me a link to their 2010 limited edition schedule.  I consider myself to be fairly web-savvy, and I thought that I had been all over their site and I swear that never saw that calendar.  A little while after their Twitter reply, a Turkey Hiller (I don’t know if they really call themselves that), Alice, commented on my post and informed me that Double Dunker is also part of their Stuff’d product line!  I was feeling really dumb at this point.  How could this have slipped right under my nose?  I swear that I checked this out before too. 

Now that I have been proven wrong, I have a new quest, to find the elusive Double Dunker in the store.  I did the grocery shopping today, hoping to find it waiting for me in the ice cream aisle, but, alas, it is not there yet.  Only constant vigilance will prevail.  As soon as I find it, it will be mine, all mine. 

Thank you to everyone from Turkey Hill for replying and helping me see the light at the end of the tunnel.

As I write this, the birthday sleep-over party is winding down.  I think they really enjoyed the Lunesta Pizza.  I am a little upset that I didn’t get to wear my new riot gear.

6 Days until FNM at the Mann!

No comments:

Post a Comment